Active Living Blog
Posted: Apr 27, 12:27 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 27, 2012
Contact: Natalie Gille
RIDE YOUR BIKE WITH BEMIDJI BIKE CLUB ON MAY 1ST TO KICK-OFF BEMIDJI BIKE MONTH
BEMIDJI, MINNESOTA – If you’re looking for a way to kick-off the summer season of bicycling in Bemidji, look no further than the Bemidji Bike Club.
This local community group of bicyclists, invites riders of all ages, abilities, and disciplines to join them on May 1st @ 6:00pm for a bike ride to kick-off Bemidji Bike Month. The group will meet at Paul & Babe and then take a nice, easy loop around Lake Bemidji.
Stay tuned for future events with the Bemidji Bike Club. This group is planning to put together some clinics for the spring and summer, including the following.
• Spring tune-up
• On the road emergency repairs
• Road Riding Etiquette
• Group riding basics
• Single-track mountain bike introduction
Trying to think of something fun, exciting and healthy to do on a Tuesday or Thursday evening? Join the Bemidji Bike Club for one of their weekly rides, with Tuesday evenings being open to all and Thursday evenings, also open for all, but geared for those cyclists who are more experienced and seeking a challenging ride.
Other events taking place during Bemidji Bike Month include:
• May 14-18 Bike to Work Week. Been thinking about cycling to work? Here is your chance to give it a try. Share commuting adventure stories in the commuter challenge by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
• May 14 Energizer Station at The Cabin Coffeehouse and Café.
• May 15 Energizer Station at Harmony Foods.
• May 16 Energizer Station, Bike Rodeo and Bike Exchange at Boys and Girls Club Bemidji.
• May 17 Energizer Station at Bemidji City Hall.
• May 18 Bike to Work Day. Energizer Station at The Bike Guy Ski and Bicycle Shop and The Home Place Bike and Ski Shop.
FREE PRIZES! There will be daily drawings during Bike to Work Week (May 14-18) at each of the Energizer Stations. Ride your bike to the Energizer Stations to put your name in the daily drawings and get your FREE gift.
Local sponsors of Bemidji Bike Month include: The Cabin Coffeehouse and Café, City of Bemidji, The Bike Guy Ski and Bicycle Shop, Shifting Gears, Bemidji State University, Bemidji Bike Club, Boys and Girls Club, Active Living, The Home Place Bike and Ski Shop, Sanford Health, MN Green Corps, and Harmony Foods.
If you would like more information on Bemidji Bike Month events, please call Natalie Gille
#218-333-6543 or email Natalie at ngillehrdc.org.