Active Living Blog
Posted: May 11, 09:13 AM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 11, 2012
Contact: Natalie Gille
RIDE YOUR BIKE TO WORK DURING “BIKE TO WORK WEEK” MAY 14-18, 2012
BEMIDJI, MINNESOTA – Where can bicyclists go during Bike to Work Week to receive FREE gifts and enter for a chance to win FREE prizes? Ride your bike to an Energizer Station!
What is an Energizer Station? Energizer Stations are designated locations set up throughout Bemidji during Bike to Work Week, May 14-18, 2012, for bicyclists to stop at during their bike commute and receive a FREE snack, beverage or other gifts and enter daily drawings for FREE prizes!
Energizer Station locations
Monday, May 14: The Cabin Coffeehouse and Café
Tuesday, May 15: Harmony Foods Co-op
Wednesday, May 16: Boys and Girls Club Bemidji
Thursday, May 17: Bemidji City Hall
Friday, May 18: The Bike Guys Ski and Bicycle Shop; The Home Place Bike and Ski Shop
FREE prize drawings at the Energizer Stations during Bike to Work Week (varies by location)
• Leg Shields http://www.bikelegstrap.com/
• Headlight and taillight set
• Yehuda Moon Comic Books
• “Spend less, pollute less, weigh less” t-shirt
• Rivendell cycling cap
FREE gifts at the Energizer Stations during Bike to Work Week (varies by location)
• Coffee, tea, or fountain soda, and fruit
• Bike helmets (limited supply for kids at the Bike Rodeo on May 16th)
• Helmtops to decorate kids bike helmets http://www.helmtops.com/
• Athletic bags, water bottles, and t-shirts
• City of Bemidji Recreational program brochures
• Bike route maps
• Energy Chews and Energy Bars
• ABC quick check cards and MN cycling law wallet version
Local sponsors of Bemidji Bike Month include: The Cabin Coffeehouse and Café, City of Bemidji, The Bike Guy Ski and Bicycle Shop, Shifting Gears, Bemidji State University, Bemidji Bike Club, Boys and Girls Club Bemidji, Active Living, The Home Place Bike and Ski Shop, Sanford Health, MN Green Corps, Harmony Foods Co-op, Neilson Foundation, and Leg Shield.
If you would like more information on Bemidji Bike Month events, please call Natalie Gille
#218-333-6543 or email Natalie at ngillehrdc.org.